- 1lb hamburger
- 1 medium onion
- 2 cans tomato sauce
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup rice
- 1pkg taco seasoning (be sure it's gluten free)
- 1 cup grated cheese
- shredded lettuce
- chopped tomatoes
- Brown hamburger and onion. Drain fat.
- Add sauce, water, rice and seasoning.
- Bring to a boil.
- Simmer 25 minutes with lid on, stirring occasionally.
- Top with cheese, let melt
- Top with lettuce and tomatoes
This recipe was easy to make and my whole family thought it smelled great while cooking. It is definetly a spin from regular taco night. My husband and I enjoyed it with lots of lettuce and crushed tortilla chips mixed up in a salad. I'm thinking next time I will add a can of Kidney beans. Very yummy recipe!
I found this recipe on http://www.glutenfreeutah.blogspot.com/