Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Gluten Free Angel Cookies (aka Snickerdoodles)


I found this recipe HERE at www.lynnskitchenadventures.com. It is a fun find for me because I have always  loved to make gluten filled snickerdoodles and this seems to be a good substitute for my gluten free girls. I made a few changes to her recipe to include the sugar cinnamon mixture for rolling them in before baking.  Also I had a box of gluten free flour that I used instead of the separate flours that the original recipe called for.  The recipe below reflects my changes. 

(photo courtesy of Lynnskitchenadventures.com)

Gluten Free Angel Cookies

1/2 cup butter, softened

1/2 cup shortening

1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar

1 egg

1 teaspoon vanilla

1 3/4 gluten free all purpose flour
1/4 cup cornstarch

1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum

1 teaspoon cream of tartar

3/4 teaspoon baking soda

 1/2 teaspoon salt

cinnamon and sugar mix for rolling cookies in before baking

1. Heat oven to 350 degrees.

2.In mixing bowl beat together butter, shortening, 1/2 cup + 1/3 cup sugar, and brown sugar.

3.Add egg and vanilla.

4.In a separate bowl combine flours, cornstarch, xanthan gum, cream of tartar, baking soda, and salt. Add to butter sugar mixture and mix well.

5.Shape about 1 tablespoon of batter into a ball and roll in cinnamon/sugar. I used my cookie scoop and then dropped them into sugar mixture and it worked great.

6.Place on cookie sheet and bake for 9-11 minutes. 9 minutes for a softer cookie and a little longer for a crisper cookie.

No comments:

Post a Comment