Sunday, June 5, 2011

Taco Salad

Oh, how I love to eat a big bowl of this for dinner. 
Some of my family doesn't think it is enough to fill them up so I serve it with nachos or cheese quesadillas, but it is quite filling on its own.

2 pounds ground beef w/taco seasoning
2 heads of iceburg lettuce
2 chopped tomatoes
1 bunch green onions
1 chopped red onion
1 cans dark red kidney beans
1 can olives
2 cups cheese
crushed tortilla chips

Start by browning the ground beef in a skillet, then add taco seasoning.  Chop up lettuce, tomatoes, green onion and red onion and put in a VERY large bowl.  Drain kidney beans and olives and add to the large bowl.  Add cheese and crushed tortilla chips. 

I like a combination of both ranch dressing and salsa on top of my taco salad.  Mmmm!

No comments:

Post a Comment