Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Doritos Cheesy Chicken Casserole

I came across this recipe on Pinterest and drooled just thinking about it.  Chips in a casserole?  Oh, yeah!  Had to modify the cream of mushroom and cream of chicken by using gluten free products so I decided to add 1 tablespoon of corn starch.  Mostly out of panic that it would be too runny if I didn't.  I unfortunately tried another recipe this week and did a straight exchange with a runny result.  So, live and learn and add a little corn starch to thicken when using the gluten free cream-of products.


3 cups cooked shredded chicken (I used a rotisserie chicken)
8 oz sour cream
1 can gf cream of mushroom (I like Pacific brand that comes in a box)
1 can gf cream of chicken
1 1/2 cups salsa or 1 can Rotel
1 can of corn, drained
2 cups shredded mexican cheese
1 bag Taco flavored Doritos

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Lightly spray a 9x13 pan with cooking spray.  Crush entire bag of doritos and cover the bottom of the dish.  I reserved a small bowl to sprinkle over the top after baking.  Also reserve 1 cup of cheese.  Mix together remaining ingredients in a large bowl.  Pour chicken mixture over the Doritos.  Bake for 20-30 min.  Top casserole with remaining cheese and bake an additional 5 minutes or until melted.

Original credit goes to www.plainchicken.com for this yummy recipe.  I just modified it to be gluten free.



Not all Doritos flavors are gluten free so HERE is a link to Fritolay's website with a list of gf products. 

2 comments:

  1. I just had to let you know- my 3 year old daughter just got diagnosed with Celiac last week, and yours is one of the few gluten-free blogs that has recipes that I can relate to. That I can actually make with normal ingredients, and that my daughter will eat.
    So thank you. Thank you a lot. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristen- I am so glad you have found my blog. I'm all about using 'normal' ingredients. We try so many new recipes at our house but not all of them are tasty enough to make it on the blog. I am constantly surfing the web for new ideas, but am happy to stick with recipes that I know my family will like to eat. Good luck to you and your daughter on this new gluten free journey. I hope you are surviving it okay so far:)

    ReplyDelete