Monday, April 5, 2010

White Chicken Chili


I saw this recipe on the Rachel Ray show and had to try it for myself. It was submitted by Mandi Forester and took a winning spot in the March Madness competition. It is a great one to throw in the crockpot early in the afternoon and enjoy at dinnertime. Since I cooked a Turkey yesterday I decided this was a good way to use up the leftovers. So technically this is White Turkey Chili.

1 32oz box chicken stock
3 cans white beans
5 cups cooked chicken (or turkey)
1 16 ounce jar salsa
1 8 ounce block pepper jack cheese, grated
2 teaspoon ground cumin
2 cloves garlic, minced
Salt and pepper

tortilla chips
sour cream for garnish

Place all ingredients (except chips) in a crockpot. Cook on high until the cheese is melted. (After that, I set my crockpot on low or warm until dinnertime.)
Add crushed tortilla chips to thicken the soup and serve. Yummo!

No comments:

Post a Comment